- HEART SAFE SINGAPORE
- WHY DO I NEED TO LEARN CPR?
- CPR 3A (ANYONE, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE) PROGRAMME
- CPR+AED CERTIFICATION @ SHF
- CPR+AED INSTRUCTOR COURSE
- BASIC CARDIAC LIFE SUPPORT (BCLS) COURSE
- BASIC CARDIAC LIFE SUPPORT (BCLS) RE-CERTIFICATION COURSE
- BASIC CARDIAC LIFE SUPPORT (BCLS) INSTRUCTOR COURSE
- CPR+AED AWARENESS TALK
- R-AEDI PROJECT
- DARE PROGRAMME
- AED LOAN PROGRAMME
- HEART4LIFE MOBILE APP
The Importance of CPR
Statistics indicate that 70%-80% of cardiac arrest cases occur either in the home or at public places. In such cases, the person nearest at hand to the victim is often a bystander with no medical expertise such as a relative, an office colleague, or a passer-by. If those present at the scene are able to provide CPR to the victim promptly, the latter’s chances of survival are significantly increased.
This is because time is the essence when treating a cardiac arrest victim. Once the heart stops beating and blood flow stops, a person will lose consciousness within 15 seconds. Within another 30 to 60 seconds, he will stop breathing, and irreversible damage to his brain cells will follow after several minutes of oxygen deprivation.