- F.U.N SPECIALISTS
- STEP UP FOR HEALTH
- GAMES & QUIZZES
- 健康饮食 - HEALTHY EATING
- Baked Chicken Ngoh Hiang
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Curried Quinoa with Pumpkin & Kidney Beans
- Healthy Hot Cross Buns
- Mackerel & Pumpkin Millet Porridge
- Mrs Lily Singh's Chapatti
- Mrs Lily Singh's Mung Bean Curry
- Mum's Healthy Yam Rice
- Soba Noodles with Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Wholemeal Bread
- Wholemeal Spaghetti Bolognese
- Herbs Baked Rainbow Fish
- Ayam Masak Merah
- Chicken Wholemeal Wraps with Avocado Mango Salsa
- Bulgur and Chickpea Salad
- Stuffed Vegetable Whole Wheat Paratha
- Tandoori Chicken
- Pineapple Brown Rice
- Thai Green Chicken Curry
- Seafood Tom Yum Soup
- Phat Thai with Brown Rice Beehoon
- Mrs Lily Singh’s Low Fat Vegetable Biryani
- USEFUL MATERIALS
Curried Pumpkin Soup
This recipe was contributed by Ms Tai Yee Fui, Regional Nutrition Director of Danone Asia Pacific Holdings Pte Ltd, Singapore.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
Fresh pumpkin flesh, 1 kg (sliced thinly)
Carrot, 1 medium (cut into small cubes)
Onion, 1 medium (chopped)
Curry powder, 1 teaspoon
Ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon
Ground nutmeg, 1 teaspoon
Canola or corn oil, 1 tablespoon
Skimmed milk powder, 1 cup
Water, 4 cups
Salt, ¼ teaspoon
Pepper, 1 teaspoon
Coriander (cilantro) leaves, a handful
- Heat the oil in a non-stick saucepan and fry the onion & curry powder for 1 minute.
- Add pumpkin & carrot. Stir for 3 minutes.
- Add water. Boil until the pumpkin & carrot are softened. Turn off the heat and add salt, pepper, ground cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir to mix well, and leave the soup to cool.
- Once the soup has cooled, transfer half of it to a blender, and puree with half of the skimmed milk powder until well-blended.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the soup and skimmed milk powder.
- If you like it hot, re-heat, then garnish with some coriander leaves and serve. Alternatively, serve it chilled in shot glasses, as a party appetizer.
Nutrients per Serving:
Energy: 155 kcal
Protein: 9 g
Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 4 mg
Dietary Fibre: 3 g
Calcium: 300 mg
Sodium: 215 mg