This is a new initiative by the Singapore Heart Foundation, to loan an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) unit for any event on a temporary basis, at ZERO cost*.
For enquiries, please contact us at 6354 9371/44 or email to [email protected].
What is an AED and why is it important?
The AED, also known as an Automated External Defibrillator, is a lightweight and portable device that delivers an electric shock through the chest to the heart on an unconscious victim. The shock can stop an irregular heart rhythm and allow a normal rhythm to resume during a sudden cardiac arrest.
A sudden cardiac arrest is an abrupt loss of the heart function where a person will lose consciousness within 15 seconds. Within another 30 to 60 seconds, he will stop breathing, and irreversible damage to his brain cells will follow after several minutes of oxygen deprivation. Thus, sudden cardiac arrest victims must be treated promptly, within minutes.
Why should I loan an AED:
- The venue lacks an AED and the organiser cannot afford to purchase it.
- Attendees may be at risk of a cardiac arrest (E.g. elderly guests, athletes engaging in strenuous activities, attendees with a known history of heart problems, etc.)
Type of events that require an AED on-site:
- Community events
- Company / school events
- Activities for elderly participants
- Large events / gathering with more than 50 participants
- Sporting or athletic events
*Terms & Conditions
- Loan of AED can only be applied 1 month before the event date.
- Loan period of AED must not exceed more than 5 working days.
- Loan of AED is applicable for local use (Singapore) and only 1 AED per organisation may be loaned from SHF.
- It is compulsory to have 2 persons to receive an introductory training at least 3 working days before the event.
- It is also strongly advisable for the 2 persons who will be trained and those who are already CPR + AED certified, to utilise the AED.
- Damaged AED(s) or missing inventory items will be charged accordingly to the representative / company / school.
- SHF will bear the cost of items used from the AED kit, for legitimate usage (to save a victim) only.
- A report must be made if the AED was used during the period it was on loan.
- For commercial event companies – Absolutely no masquerading of organisation and using loaned AED for commercial or profit-making purposes.
- Any delay in returning of the AED will be charged at $50 per day.
- Availability of the AED is based on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All AED loans are granted at the sole and absolute discretion of SHF, at all times for any reason whatsoever.
- The person-in-charge of the AED must present his/her identification card upon collection of the AED unit.
– AED refers to the loaned AED from the Singapore Heart Foundation –
You want your event to be safe! We want you to be safe!