- 200g Atta flour
- ¼ tsp of lower sodium salt
- 120ml of warm water, or to desired dough texture
- Olive oil
Cucumber Yoghurt Dip
- ½ a Japanese cucumber, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 25g of Greek yoghurt
- ½ tbsp of Fresh calamansi juice, or to taste
- 2 tsp of fresh mint, chopped
- ½ a medium-sized tomato, juiced and diced
Forming the dough
- Sieve the atta flour, and add warm water and lower sodium salt. Mix and knead the mixture to form a soft dough.
- Use a damp cloth to cover the dough and let it rest for 20 minutes.
Making the dip
- While waiting, mix the cucumber, greek yoghurt, calamansi juice and fresh mint together.
- Add the freshly juiced tomato juice and diced tomato into the mixture and mix well.
- Place the mixture into the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Add some diced cucumbers, tomatoes, and a small stalk of mint to the dip as garnish.
Rolling of dough
- Clean the table top or work top, and spread some flour on the surface to prevent the dough from sticking to the surface.
- Divide the rested dough into 4 portions.
- Coat the individual dough with some atta flour before rolling them into circles of 15cm diameter.
- Coat the rolled pieces of dough with some atta flour on both sides to prevent them from sticking to one another.
Cooking of dough
- Heat up a non-stick pan, and spread some olive oil evenly on the pan.
- Place the dough on the heated pan and wait till large bubbles form on the chapati.
- When bubbles are formed, flip the chapati and cook the other side for 30 seconds.
- Wait for brown spots to appear at the bottom, and turn it over again.
- Remove any air bubbles that are formed during the process.
- Keep flipping the chapati until you obtain your preferred colour.
- Serve with the cucumber yoghurt dip. Enjoy!
Tip! You can also choose to air-fry the dough at 180˚C for 3 min per side.
Nutrients per serving
Energy: 179 kcal
Protein: 5.3 g
Fat (Saturated Fat): 0.8 g (0.2 g)
Carbohydrate: 37.7 g
Sodium 18.16 mg
Dietary fibre: 5.2 g
Cucumber Yoghurt Dip
Energy: 14.8 kcal
Protein: 1.1 g
Fat (Saturated Fat): 0.2 g (0.1 g)
Carbohydrate: 2.3 g
Sodium 10.1 mg
Cholesterol: 0.3 mg
Dietary fibre: 0.3 g