Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Shrimps, shelled and deveined, 90g
- Chicken breast, 90g
- Water chestnuts, coarsely chopped, 6
- Cabbage leaves, finely chopped, 2
- Medium carrot, finely chopped, ½
- Sesame oil, 2 tsp
- A dash of white pepper
- Lower sodium salt, ½ tsp
- Sugar, ½ tsp
- Wholemeal bread, 3 slices
- White sesame seeds, 5 tbsp
- Soybean oil, 2 tbsp
- On a chopping board, combine chicken and shrimps and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add in sesame oil, white pepper, lower sodium salt and sugar into the chicken shrimp mixture and mix well. Then, add in coarsely chopped water chestnut, cabbage and carrot and mix well.
- Cut each slice of wholemeal bread into four equal triangles.
- Place sesame seeds in a large plate and set aside.
- Spread the chicken shrimp mixture evenly atop each piece of wholemeal bread.
- Roll the chicken shrimp toast on the sesame seeds until the surface is covered with sesame seeds.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium low heat.
- Drop the toast with sesame side down.
- Flip over and pan fry the other side until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and drain the excess oil using paper towel. Enjoy!
Nutrient Analysis (Per Serving)
Protein: 11.0 g
Total Fat (Saturated Fat): 14.5 g (2.3 g)
Carbohydrate: 22.0 g
Sodium: 250 mg