Preparation Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Makes 8 wraps
- Wholemeal wraps, 1 pkt (8 pieces)
- Chicken breasts (skinless, deboned), 2 medium
- Eggs, 2 medium
- Lettuce, ½ head
- Red pepper (cored and sliced), 1 medium
- Tomato (sliced), 2 medium
- Carrots (cut into thin strips), 1 medium
- Cucumber (cut into thin strips), 1 medium
- Olive oil, 1 tsp
- Pepper, a dash
- Salt, a pinch
Avocado Mango Salsa
- Avocado (ripe, cored and cubed), 1 medium
- Mango, cubed, ½ cup
- Red chili, seeds removed, 1 medium
- Passion fruit pulp from 1 fruit or Lemon juice, 2 tbsp
- Coriander, chopped finely, ½ cup
Marinade for chicken
- Sesame oil, 1 tsp
- Ginger juice, 2 tbsp
- Soy sauce, 1 tsp
- Pepper, a dash
- In a bowl, mix the chicken breasts with the marinade. Leave aside in the fridge for an hour.
- In a container, mix together all the ingredients for the avocado mango salsa. Cover the lid and leave aside in the fridge.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs together with a dash of pepper and a pinch of salt. Heat a non-stick pan with half a teaspoon of oil, and fry the omelette until golden brown. Let it cool and then slice thinly. Set aside.
- Using the same non-stick pan, heat up the rest of the oil. Add the chicken breasts and cook over a low fire until cooked. Let it cool and then slice thinly. Set aside.
- Warm up the wholemeal wraps one at a time in a microwave oven or grill, over low heat until warm.
- Place one wrap on a large round plate. Spread out the sliced vegetables, sliced chicken and omelette, followed by a tablespoon of avocado mango salsa. Roll the wrap tightly from one end to the other, and tuck in one side. Repeat for the rest of the wraps. Serve immediately.
Approximate Nutritional Analysis (Per serving):
Energy: 293 kcal
Total fat: 11g
Saturated fat: 3.3g
Cholesterol: 67 mg
Dietary fibre: 7g