Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Egg, 1
- Chickpeas, 90g
- Pearl barley, 50g
- Water, 100g
- Brown rice, cooked, 50g
- Spinach, 150g
- Cherry tomatoes, 100g
- Avocado, ¼
- Orange, 1
Dairy-Free Cream Sauce (Optional)
- Silken tofu, 75g
- Garlic, 2.5g (½ tsp)
- Dried parlsey, 2.5g (½ tsp)
- Dried basil, 2.5g (½ tsp)
- Paprika powder, 1g (1/8 tsp)
- Cook the Sunny-side Up egg.
- Place the chickpeas in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with lid and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Rinse the pearl barley.
- Put pearl barley and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with lid and microwave for 20 minutes on medium heat, or till water is absorbed.
- Fluff the cooked pearl barley with a fork.
- Portion out 50g of cooked pearl barley.
- Cook the brown rice according to the instructions on its packaging.
- Portion out 50g of cooked brown rice.
- Mix the pearl barley with the cooked brown rice.
- To make the dairy-free cream sauce, blend all the ingredients together.
- Serve barley brown rice and chickpeas with raw tofu, spinach, cherry tomatoes avocado and orange to form your Heart Smart Eating Portion.
- Serve the dairy-free cream sauce on the side.
Nutrients Per Serving
More ❤️ information