Recipe contributed by Mr Edward Lee Lian Swee, SHF client at Heart Wellness Centre @ Fortune. This recipe won 3rd place in the SHF HWC Healthy Masterchef Contest.
- About 1 small bowl of long beans, cut into small chunks
- 5-6pcs of Shiitake mushrooms, soaked well and sliced
- 5pcs of shallot, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 50g of dried shrimps, coarsely pounded
- 2 tbsp of carrot, cubed
- 1½ cup of basmati rice, washed
- 2 tbsp of onion oil
- 150g of skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp of soya sauce (lower in sodium)
- Sautee the shallots and garlic for 1 to 2 mins till it turns golden brown.
- Add in the mushrooms, and then the dried shrimps. Stir fry for 2 mins.
- Add in the chopped carrots and long beans, and stir fry for 2 mins. (Add a little more oil if it is too dry)
- Lower the heat and add in the basmati rice and stir fry until it is well mixed with the ingredients. Season it with a dash of pepper and soy sauce.
- When done, transfer it into the rice cooker and add water to cook as normal.
- When the rice cooker beeps, it is ready to be served.
Nutrients per serving
Energy: 392.2 kcal
Protein: 18.7 g
Fat (Saturated Fat): 8.5 g (1.4 g)
Carbohydrate: 60 g
Sodium: 421.4 mg
Cholesterol: 26.6 mg
Dietary fibre: 1.8 g