Recipe is contributed by Ms Ang Yi Pin, Nutrition Intern at Singapore Heart Foundation
Time: 1hour 15 minutes
- Skinless chicken breast, 90g
- Egg, ½
- MARIGOLD HL Milk with Plant Sterols, 15g (1 tbsp)
- Rolled oats, 15g (1 tbsp)
- Dried Italian herbs, 2.5g (½ tsp)
- Black pepper, 1g (1/8 tsp)
- Hulled millet, 100g
- Water, 200g
- Iceberg lettuce, 2 pcs (Trimmed to obtain a bowl structure)
- Tomatoes, diced, 100g
- Frozen corn, 100g
- Lime, juiced, 1
- Shallots, diced, 10g
- Olive oil, 5g (1 tsp)
Ranch Sauce (optional)
- Greek yoghurt, 50g
- MARIGOLD HL Milk with Plant Sterols, 2.5g (½ tsp)
- Apple cider vinegar, 2.5g (½ tsp)
- Garlic powder, 2.5g (½ tsp)
- Onion powder, 2.5g (½ tsp)
- Dried parsley, 2.5g (½ tsp)
- Preheat air fryer to 180°C.
- In a bowl, crack an egg and add MARIGOLD HL Milk with Plant Sterols. Mix well.
- On a plate, mix oats, dried Italian herbs, and black pepper evenly.
- Place the chicken breast in the egg and milk mixture. Ensure all sides of the chicken breast are coated with the batter evenly.
- Roll the battered chicken breast into the dry mixture and ensure all sides are coated evenly.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5.
- Place the battered chicken breast into the air fryer for 15 minutes. Flip over and continue to air fry for another 15 minutes.
- Rinse the hulled millet under running water.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add in the hulled millet and water. Cover with a lid, and place the bowl in the microwave to cook on high heat for 20 minutes or more, until all water has been absorbed.
- Set to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- To make the salsa, mix the diced tomato, cooked corns and shallots with lime juice.
- Using the lettuce pieces as a “bowl”, add in the salsa.
Ranch Sauce (Optional)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Serve the oat-crusted chicken, millet, 2 lettuce bowl and an apple to form your Heart Smart Eating Portion.
- Drizzle some ranch sauce over the chicken. (optional)
Nutrients per Serving