Recipe contributed by Minmed Group Pte Ltd, created by Ms Jolyn Wong, Dietitian.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp of sunflower oil or other oil with HCS logo
- 1 can of tuna in water
- 1/2 cup of Captain Oats Quick Cook Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup of low fat milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 stalk of parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- A pinch of GoodSalt® (Lower Sodium Salt)
Pineapple Yogurt Sauce
- 1/4 cup of pineapple, chopped
- 1/4 cup of cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup of no fat no sugar added yogurt
- 1 tsp of parsley leaves, finely chopped
For Tuna Cakes
- Drain off the water from the canned tuna.
- In a medium bowl, add the strained tuna, Captain Oats Quick Cook Oatmeal, low fat
milk, egg, white onion, garlic, parsley leaves, black pepper, and GoodSalt® (Lower Sodium Salt). Mix well and shape to form four patties.
- Heat cooking oil in a large pan at medium heat.
- Arrange the patties in the pan and pan fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with a dollop of pineapple yogurt sauce and enjoy!
For dipping sauce
- In a small bowl, add pineapple, cucumber, yogurt, and parsley.
- Mix well and ready to serve.