(Contributed by Chef Sakthivel Karrupaiah of AllSpice Culinary Arts Education Centre Pte Ltd)
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 20 min
- Corn/Soybean/Canola oil, 1 tbsp
- Shallot (minced), 2
- Garlic (minced), 2 cloves
- Preserved turnip (chopped), ½ tbsp
- Carrot (julienned), ¼ cup
- Firm tofu (cube or length wise), 100 gm
- Brown rice beehoon (soaked), 200 gm
- Vegetable stock, ¼ cup
- Eggs, 2 medium
- Banana flower, ½ cup
- Button mushroom, 3
- Chinese chives (1inch long), ¼ cup
- Bean sprouts, ½ cup
- Tamarind juice, 1tbsp
- Peanuts (roasted, shelled and crushed), 1 tbsp
- Fish sauce, 1 tbsp
- Chili flakes, 1tbsp
- Sugar, ½ tsp
- Grill the tofu until golden brown on both sides. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and add the shallots and garlic. Stir-fry until translucent. Add turnip, and carrots and fry for another 1 minute.
- Add the beehoon, grilled tofu, and vegetable stock. Stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Using a ladle, push the beehoon and ingredients to the sides of the wok, and break the eggs into the centre of the wok. Cook the eggs for 30 seconds and spoon the rest of the ingredients over the eggs.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Turn up the heat. Fold the egg into the beehoon and ingredients gently and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the Pat Thai onto a plate, and garnish with spring onions, and coriander. Serve with lemon wedges.
Approximate Nutritional Analysis (Per serving):
Energy: 382 kcal