(contributed by Chef Sakthivel Karrupaiah of AllSpice Culinary Arts Education Centre Pte Ltd)
Preparation time: 20 hrs
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Cooked brown rice (refrigerate overnight) 300gm
- Vegetable oil (e.g. corn, canola or sunflower), 2 tsp
- Shallots (chopped), 2
- Garlic (chopped), 3
- Red chili flakes, 2 tsp
- Egg, 1
- Fish sauce, ½ tbsp
- Tomato sauce, 2 tbsp
- Dark soya sauce, ¼ tsp
- Cashew nut (roasted), 25 gm
- Pineapple (diced), ¼ cup
- Shrimps, 6
- Mussels, 4
- Spring onions (chopped) for garnish
- Coriander leaves (chopped) for garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan
- Add the shallots, garlic, chili flakes and stir until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the shrimps and mussels; stir fry for a minute.
- Turn off the fire and add the boiled rice, diced pineapple, cashew nuts and the sauces (tomato, soya sauce and fish sauce); stir to mix evenly.
- Turn the fire to medium-low heat; push the rice one side of the pan. Pour the beaten egg into the other side and cook then mix with the rice.
- Turn the fire to high, tossing the fried rice to separate the grains.
- Garnish with spring onions and coriander leaves before serving.
Approximate Nutritional Analysis (Per serving):
Energy: 408 kcal