Recipe contributed by Minmed Group Pte Ltd, created by Ms Jolyn Wong, Dietitian.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: About 2
- 300 g of button mushroom, cleaned and sliced
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of soft margarine or unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp of plain flour or wholemeal flour
- 400 ml of water
- 125 ml of NutriSoy Fresh Soya Milk High Calcium Omega No Sugar Added
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp of GoodSalt® (Lower Sodium Salt)
- 1/4 tsp of dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp of dried parsley
- Add in onion and garlic in a non-stick pan over medium low heat. Cook both until softened. Stir occasionally.
- Arrange mushroom in the pan.
- Flip the mushroom only when they release their juices (around 3 mins).
- Turn off heat once mushroom’s fluid is reduced. Set aside.
Mushroom Soup Base
- Melt soft margarine in a pot over low heat.
- Slowly add in flour and stir until well mixed.
- Slowly add in water and stir gradually for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add in pre-cooked mushroom mixture and stir gradually.
- Add in NutriSoy Fresh Soya Milk High Calcium Omega, No Sugar Added.
- Season with GoodSalt® (Lower Sodium Salt), black pepper, dried thyme leaves and dried parsley.
- Let it simmer with lid on for another 5 minutes.
- Serve the soup with toasted bread and enjoy!