(contributed by Chef Sakthivel Karrupaiah of AllSpice Culinary Arts Education Centre Pte Ltd)
Preparation Time: 45 min
Cooking Time: 3 min
- Fine whole wheat flour, 200g
- Water, 125ml
- Olive oil, ½ tsp
- Salt, ¼ tsp
- Potato, boiled, 75g
- Mixed frozen vegetables, boiled, 90g
- Green chilli, chopped, 1 (optional)
- Tumeric, ¼ tsp
- White pepper, ¼ tsp
- Salt, ¼ tsp
- Boil the frozen vegetables, drain the water and keep aside.
- Peel the boiled potato, and in a bowl, mash the potato with the cooked frozen vegetables.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mashed vegetables and mix well, ensuring that all the ingredients are incorporated properly.
- Roll the stuffing with your hands, into lemon size balls around 40-50gms each and keep aside.
- Sieve the flour on a clean working surface or into a round bowl.
- Add the other ingredients except the olive oil; mix the ingredients well to form a soft dough. Lightly brush some olive oil on the dough surface, cover with a damp cloth and set aside for around 20-30 mins.
- Now knead the dough till smooth.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and form into balls.
- Roll a ball of dough out (like small disc) and place ¼ of the stuffing in the centre. Bring the edges together and seal.
- Gently shape it to a ball again (the filling is in the center).
- Roll out each ball into a round disc-shape (½ inch thickness).
- Heat a pan and cook the rolled paratha on both sides.
Approximate Nutritional Analysis (Per serving):
Energy: 220 kcal