(contributed by Chef Sakthivel Karrupaiah of AllSpice Culinary Arts Education Centre Pte Ltd)
Preparation Time: 12 hr
Cooking Time: 30min
- Chicken (whole breast & leg), skin removed, 500g
- Yoghurt, low fat, 90ml
- Red chilli paste, 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder (Kashmiri chilli), 1 tsp
- Coriander powder, 1 tsp
- Garam masala, ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder, ¼ tsp
- White pepper powder, ¼ tsp
- Nutmeg powder, 1/8 tsp
- Chickpea flour, 2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste, 2 tsp
- Cumin powder, ¼ tsp
- Lemon juice, 2 tsp
- Salt, ¼ tsp
- Mustard oil, 2 tsp
- Remove the skin from chicken pieces, and cut slits into them lengthwise. Place chicken pieces in a shallow dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Spread this mixture over chicken. Cover, and refrigerate for 10-12 hours (the longer the better).
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil a grate. Cook until juices run clear.
- Alternatively, bake in a preheated oven (200˚C) on a baking tray for 30-35 mins.
- Serve with some stuffed vegetable paratha or chapati and a side salad.
Approximate Nutritional Analysis (Per serving):
Energy: 228 kcal
Total fat: 8.2g
Cholesterol: 92 mg